Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The D has it!


Dedicated. Determined. Driven.

I feel like all of these things fit in together.  As I think I've already said in this series. I'm dedicated to continually improving myself in every day possible. I'm 100% goal driven and I'm not scared of hard work to get where I want (in most aspects that is). I worry though, that I'm going to get through life and either not be happy where I'm at in the end or that I spend all my time of improvement and I'm never happy with what I have, or too tied up to enjoy the moment. I overthink things, can you tell? (whoops, should wait for O for that one!) Because of this I try to both keep busy with my many ventures of improvement and enjoy the moment and I'm definitely getting better with it.

Depressed.

I didn't know whether I wasted to include this one or not, even though I've written about it before. But I got such a positive lot of feedback from speaking out about it last time that I wanted to include it because I'm not ashamed of it. It's a tough pill to swallow for me - quite literally - because I try to be a tower of strength. I definitely don't stray away from crying (just watch any slightly emotional you tube clip with me) and I feel like I'm good at owning my feelings, and usually being far too vocal with my opinions, but depression is different. I just re-read that post from earlier and it's such a good description of where I was, and to an extent still am. It scares me to come off the medication and go back to a place I was... a place that some days, I'm still at. My mum had a good way of looking at it, tell me that I simply have a problem with my brain that needs medication to balance out - what's wrong with that. If it was my heart would I think I shouldn't be taking pills? Heck no, so why for my brain?


No comments: