The second 'Tasty Tuesday'! Today I have two recipes for you. One that is so simple it basically makes itself... and in the microwave no less, and the second was another I froze in anticipation for this week off with my lovely husband. We just cracked it open today and it's delicious.
Microwave Fudge Squares
1T golden Syrup
3/4 cup caster sugar
1T cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/2t baking powder
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1. Put butter, golden syrup, sugar and cocoa in a big bowl. Cook on medium (50% power) for 2 1/2 minutes. Take out and stir really well.
2. Add sifted flour, baking powder and coconut. Stir well.
3. Press evenly into a glass casserole 20cm square. Cook on medium high (75%) for 8 minutes.
4. Ice with chocolate icing while still warm. Leave until cold and then slice.
2 cups plain flour
2t baking powder
1/2t ground cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
3 medium bananas, mashed
125g butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1t vanilla extract
3/4 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180 degrees celcius. Lightly grease a 10 x 20cm loaf pan. Line the base with baking paper.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
3. In a large jun, combine bananas, butter, eggs and vanilla. Fold into dry ingredients with blueberries until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 55-60 minutes until cooked when tested with a skewer. Serve sliced.
|I used a slightly smaller loaf pan, so I was able to make these mini loaves.|