Thursday, July 28, 2016

Be vewy vewy quiet... we're hunting for R


Rich. Not in money, but in experiences and in family and love. I have such a rich life, I really do and when I sit back and think about it, it's actually pretty cool. I'd love to have given my 15 year old self a peek into what life was going to be like when I had that elusive husband, children and mortgage. I could put some of her worries at rest and let her just live and enjoy her teenage years rather than worry about why some boy doesn't like me, or how if I could just lose a bit of weight things would be better. Pft, I've put a lot more weight on now mate and it's sooo super better. You have a great life 15 year old me, promise.

Ruthless. I am the queen of the cull. I love to throw things out and do it periodically both at home and at work in my classroom. I'm currently even doing it to our school staff room (a major dumping ground). On the flip side, I'm married to somewhat of a hoarder who often utters the phrase, "but we might use it at some point". No, no we won't, chuck it out.

Reader. Speaking of my 15 year old self. I'm so pissed off at her that she didn't begin my love of reading sooner. I only became a reader in my late teens and as busy as I am, I still to this day, always like to have a novel on the go. I wish I was a bookworm kid, but again I was too worried about friendships and wot not. Oh to have time to have my nose in a book (or at my phone of tablet on kindle) for an extended period of time without putting myself to sleep. I now look forward to retirement where I envisage an old lady surrounded in piles and piles of books... or a very full kindle library.

No comments: