Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Jumping J Flash


Joker. As I went over in the F post, I like to try to be as funny as possible. I often wonder why this is. I do know my dad was a joker and my family is far from serious at the best of times, so I guess in a way I got it from dad. He loved to have a laugh. Believe it or not, as a child I was very shy and quiet and it was only through my teenage years that I came out of my shell and become the outspoken person I am today. I also wonder if I was trying to compensate for my perception of how I looked by being the joker. I've never liked how I looked and would believe that no one else would either, so I had to work on my personality to have people like me (in my mind). I like how I've turned out! Haha.

Jammin'. My husband has recently got me listening to Bob Marley. I've never really liked reggae music and I'm not 100% sure why but with Damien being as relentless as he is with stealing my car stereo, I've begun to appreciate Bob Marley with quite a lot of respect. My favourite song is 'Them Belly Full' which has the such a great line - "A rain a-fall, but the dutty tough" which really means "The rain falls, but the dirt is tough". How fucking beautiful is that?

No comments: