Saturday, July 27, 2013

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

Day 11: The last book you read.

I'm very proud to say that I'm a big book nerd.

At the beginning of the year I had a little idea inspired by someone I met on a school course that went to a book club. I very fleetingly put on facebook a status update that was something like, "Anyone keen on coming to a book club with me?" The response was HUGE. Lots of people wanted to. I then weeded out the best ones (just kidding, lots of people were all talk and dropped out) and the rest is very recent history. I have a book club! There's only 6 of us but we're a great bunch. You can check out our book club blog here. There's not much on it but you'll be able to see the books that we've read so far and the discussion questions we've used when we get together.

The most recent completed book I read was 'Change of Heart' by Jodi Picoult which was given to me by a collegue on the back of the fact that last months book club book was 'The Storyteller" by Jodi Picoult and I loved it. Yes I know, I'm the only person on the face of the earth who hasn't read Jodi Picoult before. I loved it, hence the reading of a 2nd of her novels. Loved the characters, love the way it challenged my thinking and loved the easy to read nature.

I usually read series of books I loved the 'Earth Children's' series although I do think it could have stopped at Book 4 and The Georgia Kincaid series by Richelle Mead made me feel like this...


In fact... a lot of Richelle's series do that to me. Must be because I read 5 or 6 books in the series and am then sad their gone. I feel like I know the characters and I often wonder what they're doing when the book is finished. Haha, silly huh?

And lastly, a message to all you non readers out there...

1 comment:

boysmum2 said...

I hate that grief feeling you get when a book finishes and you realise that the characters are not walking down the street outside your house living along side you