Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 5: Favourite movies you never get sick of watching.

#1: Pulp Fiction (or any Tarantino movie really).
Pulp fiction is my favourite movie. I've watched it a bajilion times and can quote various parts word for word, if not the whole film. I've even blogged about it before - here. My favourite quote? The part where Jules is telling honey bunny about Ezekiel 25:17 and then says "and if you heard it, it meant your ass".
Why can I watch it over and over?
What I like about pulp fiction (and many other Tarantino films) is the depth of understanding you can take from it. It's an interesting little tale to begin with, then you add on top the imagery and symbolism that this amazing director has chosen and you almost need to watch it multiple times to get the most out of it. Did I mention I love Quentin Tarantino?

#2: Forest Gump.
The movie has it all really, amazing story, amazing soundtrack and an adorable main character.I cry every time he talks to Jenny's grave, I giigle every time I hear his accent and I LOL every time I watch the scenes with Bubba in (Fried shrimp...baked shrimp...boiled shrimp...shrimp salad...shrimp gumbo...).
Why can I watch it over and over?
It's an incredible story, with an incredible cast... and Tom Hanks. I love him, as you will see with my last movie.

#3: The Green Mile.
Paul Edgecumbe... I love him. John Coffey...I love him. Percy Whitmore...I loathe him! Great characters inspired by a Stephen King novel translated so so well to a movie. Which is a real compliment because I usually hate movie adaptions of great books. Pile on top of that an amazing story and you get three and a half hours of pure riveting genius.
Why can I watch it over and over?
Easy - great characters and a great story (as I've already said).

No comments: