Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn".



Day 28: In the past month, what have you learned?

Past month huh?
We've has a house move, purchased a couch, survived hand foot and mouth, fixed fences and a Queensland Maroons win.

So here's what I've learned...

1) When you move into your first home it takes about 3 hours because you only have a teeny tiny amount of stuff. When you move from your first into your second house it takes 2 days because you have accumulated too much crapola.

2) Never, EVER go shopping with me for big ticket items when I'm in a mood. *Insert boxing bell and Rocky theme music here*

3) When you think purchasing a big ticket item is only going to take you one outing you are sorely mistaken.

4) My doctor is an idiot and I need a new one.
4a) It is not OK to send a toddler back to daycare when they still have hand foot and mouth spots in their mouth.

5) Rottweilers that were previously contained by a meter high fence will not be contained at a new house even though fences are now 1.5 meters high.
5a) Some rottweilers are more clever than they appear and if you fix one fencing issue they will find another way out once they have a taste of freedom.
5b) 60 meters of fencing is not cheap to fix to rottweiler retaining standards.

6) In the 2013 NRL rules shoulder barging is out and anyone who looks like they're thinking about maybe punching someone is being sent off for 10 minutes. Elbowing someone in the face is now correct NRL etiquette.
Side note: Nice shot Billy Slater. Blues needed one up them, if only it was Gallon that you made bloody. Oh well, there's always game 3.

7) I can not watch a Rabbitohs game now without saying 'Sammy Burgess' or 'Sammy Boyle' in a very bad english accent. Thank you very much Beau Ryan.

I've learned lots! What a machine!

2 comments:

Ms F said...

I loved this post, made me smile :)

boysmum2 said...

Daycare's can be so fussy sometimes! Great post