Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rolo Smore Biscuits

I can't remember if I told you all before, but I'm very much a 'chuck it in and see if it works' baker as opposed to my husband who works on the 'If you follow the recipe to the tee then nothing will go wrong' mantra.

This is one time where my 'chuck it in, she'll be right' way of thinking worked pretty well.

I started off with the Edmonds cook book chocolate chip recipe, minus the chocolate chips. To that I added 3T of cocoa and a chopped up block of Rolo chocolate (caramello). And voila!

When I baked them I added marshmallow on top (and I have a tip for this for next time!) and a piece of rolo chocolate. Turned out delish, with and without the marshmallow and chocky on top (as husband likes his biscuits plain I had to make two lots).

My tip about the marshmallows and chocolate on top is to not put them on until the last maybe 10 minutes or so of baking (I'm going to play with this time to perfect it) otherwise you're watching them like a hawk to see if they topple off or not. Most of my bickies weren't pretty!



1 comment:

boysmum2 said...

oh my goodness, sugar overload but so want to try these