Sunday, July 21, 2013

“People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public.”

Day 4: Best Childhood Memory

Me at 4 years old
I had an amazing childhood, I really did. My mother was and is amazingly hardworking, as was my dad. Mum was always good for a cuddle and dad was always good for an in depth chat. I also spent a lot of time with my Nana and from 3 years of age would spend nights over. When I got older and mum went back to work I used to go over for week or fortnight stretches....and it was great fun. My Nana always made you feel like you were the only person on the planet and that you were the most amazing person that lived.





I don't know if I have a very best childhood memory, but I have a few things that I remember and love.

I remember playing scrabble with Mum and Aunty Greta up north.
I remember playing schools with Nana, I was the teacher of course.
I remember making up dance moves to my favourite song and singing in to my hairbrush.
I remember spending hours playing video games with Mike.
I remember slip and slides.
I remember Nana bringing me breakfast on a silver tray and drinking tea with way too much sugar.
I remember watching fishing shows with dad.
I remember my stuffed toy Lambie.
I remember my bad ass water wings and spending all day making the best sandcastle.
I remember spending all day baking with mum.
I remember dad telling me a funny version of 'The three little pigs'.
I remember the pain of mum doing my hair but how happy I was when it was done and I was pretty.
I remember my cool dog stuff toy that you could really walk!
I remember playing pac man with Mum and Andrea until it was clocked.

I remember lots of things, but most of all I remember feelings safe, happy and above all else, loved. Thanks for an amazing childhood to all of those who made it that way xox



No comments: