Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lemon and Herb Stuffed Chicken

As part of my 101 challenge I am trying out at least one new recipe each week.

This week's recipe comes from a Woman's Day magazine cut out that I had put away for safe keeping yonks ago.  Here is the recipe and some photos of my little journey through and my final product.

Enjoy xox

Lemon and Herb Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients;
 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
1T chopped basil
1T chopped parsley
2T of oil
Zest of 1 lemon (finely grated)
4 chicken breasts, skin on

Method;
 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.  Line a baking try with baking paper.


2. Mix together breadcrumbs, parmesan, basil, parsley, half the oil and lemon zest until well combined.


3. Press mixture under skin of chicken breast using a teaspoon (I did not have the skin on my chicken breasts so just made a cut to put the mixture in).

4.  Heat remaining oil in a large fry pan on high.  Cook chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden.  Place on prepared tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.


The chicken was a hit.  Even with my husband who proclaimed on finding out what we were having for dinner, "I don't really like lemon in stuff aye...".  I had mine with a big dollop of cranberry sauce and it was choice as!

1 comment:

vikih said...

Looks great Kate