Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Everyone believes In how they think it ought to be"


Day 18: Your beliefs:

Well, as previously discussed I don't prescribe to any religions.

My beliefs stem from ethics I suppose.  What I think people should do and what I think living a good life means based on what you put out into the world and how you make everyone else feel.  In saying that I strongly believe that everyone has reasons for doing whatever they do and doing it however they please and that's OK by me - as long as you also give me the same courtesy by letting me express my opinions, strong and annoying as they are.

I believe people should try to be the most positive person they know.  I read that on 'Life's little instructions' which I have posted here and I couldn't agree more.  I think the reason 'Life's little instructions' speaks to me so well is that I believe in a whole lot of it.  Along that vein I also like William W. Purkey's quote, "You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." Now I sing in the car but the other day stuck in Auckland's awesome traffic I saw a girl bopping along in her car, singing at the top of her voice and having a great time.  She looked incredibly happy and I bet she was.  That's what I aspire to with my vehicle concerts.


I believe in kindness and thoughtfulness.  Two things that I feel I need to improve on myself.  I think I'm fairly kind by nature but my thoughtfulness lacks because I am so unobservant. I'm working on it! In fact lots of my 101 challenges are based on this fact.

I believe in striving for excellence (not perfection :) Right Rere?) in everything you do.

I believe in having a laugh and not being too uptight.



I believe in letting things happen and letting people be who they want to be and be how they want to be.  I can't change anybody else but I can change what I do and how I react to things. This is something I try to instill in all the kids I teach - to make the world your own by changing yourself and the way you see things, don't waste time trying to change others.



I believe in happiness. Whatever it is that makes you happy I think you should make time for it. We're all busy people, and I love being busy - it keeps me sane - but I think part of that busyness needs to be staying busy with what you love.  For me that's spending time being out and about with family and friends, taking copious amounts of photos, reading, writing my blog, laughing at silliness, playing ball with Jake and (believe it or not) working. Which brings me to my last belief - you need to love what you do for a living.  Sure makes life  a lot easier if you do.

No comments: