Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Astrology is just finger pointing at reality"

Day 7: Your Zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality.

My birthday is on the 19th of January (just) making me a Capricorn, the goat.

We are responsible, patient, ambitious, resourceful, loyal, dictatorial, inhibited, conceited, distrusting, unimaginative so the website I'm currently looking at says.  To these I would say yes, sometimes, somewhat, yes, somewhat, YES (bossy), somewhat, not at all, somewhat and I find it difficult but I wouldn't say I'm unimaginative.

The site goes on to say "Capricorns are very independent because they know their capabilities and therefore they rarely trust others to finish details, they like to do it all themselves."  This can be quite true.  I usually hawk eye Mr. Man if I've asked him to do something to make sure he does it right and have found it difficult to delegate jobs to those in my team at work.

More pearls of wisdom - "The Capricorn friend is deep and mysterious and full of intrigue, there always seems to be something going on in their mind." Haha.. 'mysterious and full of intrigue'.  I'm a bit of an open book most of the time but there is often a lot going on in my mind...usually something like, 'right, I'll put bubba down, get the washing out of the machine, pull out them meat for dinner then I can write on the blog.'

We are said to have a "personality [that] is geared towards that of leadership and achievement, they always want to climb the corporate ladder and be the best they can be."  This is somewhat true.  I strive for perfection at work, and often hit excellence (my work colleagues will understand that, lol) but I haven't always just wanted to climb the 'corporate ladder'. I genuinely enjoy doing a good job at work and at home.  It's satisfying to do something well and I will often strive to do so.

Reading through the material about Capricorns it seems that we're known as a little bit hard arse and quite cold.  I don't know about this.  I would say I'm stubborn and hard headed at times and by jingoes will I argue for something that I think is right but I'm also very loving and caring with my friends and family and although I am driven and like things well structured I wouldn't say I'm too boring (maybe a bit!) or neglect the people around me.

 Hahaha.. Green - yes. Red - not me.

So I suppose I'm half/half.  :)

No comments: