Thursday, October 9, 2014

Weekly 10: 4 - 11 October

I have mixed feelings about this last week. Although it was nice to have a more relaxed list and I'm happy that I made time for things like watching a favourite series and playing video games, I can't help but feel a bit deflated by it all because of my lack of what I have to show... apart from #10. With that one it was quite nice to have the flexibility to add things (sometimes smaller jobs) and just get them out of the way fast. Perhaps a combination of the 'relax' list and the 'balls to the wall' list from now on? Let's see how I did.

1. Go through bookshelf and tidy/organise/re-organise
Proud of how this is looking. Reorganised my collectables. Thought about the purpose of some of the other books and even donated some to what will be my future class library. Gotta love an OCD bookshelf.
Before:


After:


2. Buy tomato plants and plant
I also managed to finish up the herb garden AND plant the whole vege garden with corn, cucumber, tomato and strawberries. Proud of myself!



3. Clock Dream Team
Still workin' on it....The Mt Pajamaja boss was tough!

4. Watch True Blood

5. Read

6. Take Willow for her 6 week appointment

7. Walk with Andrea x2.

8. Go for a photo walk
The weather put a real downer on this one for me. There's no way I can get out with a newborn if it ain't sunny, no matter how good my rain/wing pram cover is! I won't let this one go by the by though, it will be an ongoing goal on the list.

9. Have a date with Rachel.

10. Cross some things off the 'extras' list
Did I ever? This was probably the thing I was most proud of this week, except for the fact that it got in the way of sitting down and watching/reading/playing. I just don't know where to find the balance :(
Some of the things I did form my extras list was.....
Cleaned the spare room
Called Sky TV about the remote
Cleaned bathrooms
Called and purchased final Pandora ring
Purchased photo blocks
Fix Leah Dr Seuss box
Buy Leah a hat
Recipe magazines into folders
Finished planting herb garden
Organise Leah's daycare clothes

 As I said earlier in the post, I need to have more of a balance with these lists. Having one where I'm doing 10 large projects is too exhaustive and having one with 10 relaxing things makes me feel like I've done nothing. When I first saw this idea on another blog, the woman broke her list down into categories depending on projects/goals she had underway as well as aspects of her life, so this week I'm going to give that a go...

For me:
1. Clear RSS Feeds 
2. Look at Christmas Photo shoot ideas
3. Choose a new face wash (in my quest to find one I really like)
4. Organise iPad apps

For our house/garden:
5. Create a cleaning schedule
6. Weed the patio area and spray the rest
7. Look at ideas for art for patio area and a large umbrella for this area

For our family:
8. Take Jake for a walk 3x this week
9. Tee up D getting the day off one Friday and someone to watch Willow so we can have a 'Leah day out'.
10. Spend some time on the photo books.

No comments: