Thursday, October 9, 2014

Three Year Old Thursday - Make believe tea party

 I have a little lady with a huuuuuge imagination. Give her teddies and they're acting out a play (sometimes a role play of mummy telling someone off....wonder where the inspiration for that comes from?), play dress up and one minute she's a princess and the next she's a pirate or a witch, or leave her with a pile of books and she'll be reading them to an imaginary friend shortly after. Her mind is always going. 

Because of this I like to engage her awesome imagination. In the first 'Three Year old Thursday' I showed you the ER Room I set up for Leah so she could make believe being a doctor, today I bring to you Leah, the teddy bears and the....
We have two tea sets at home. One is plastic and the other is ceramic (just like one I used to have when I was a little girl). They both cost around $15, the plastic one in particular really good value for money. I think we picked it up at Kmart. They consist of saucers, tea cups, jugs, spoons, cakes and trays.

I set this little party up for Leah while she was at daycare and on her arrival home she got stuck in, set up the tea party for her 'guests' then announced that she needed to get into her Tea Party dress. You can see in the photos that at one stage this also consisted of Tea Party wings.

What sort of make believe does your wee one do? Is there anything you do to encourage this?

Leave a comment.
xox

No comments: