Thursday, October 16, 2014

Three year old Thursday - Decoration Station

I wrote a few weeks ago about how my little one loves to bake. Every night I have a little helper helping me to get dinner ready. She wants to get her hands on everything.

Today I wanted to share another quick activity we did with food that was relatively expensive and that she loved (both the doing and the eating) - decorating biscuits.

I enjoy having an activity completely set up before I get Leah so that we're able to talk about how and what we're going to do before we do it. It makes for a much smoother fun time. We all know that the listening skills of a three year old when they're engrossed in something is very fleeting - this helps to counter this. 

So for this activity I set up a container of icing with a knife, a plate of plain biscuits and 4 sprinkle pots. As you can see - the results were one very happy little lady.

I'd love to hear about what kinds of cooking you do with your little one!

Leave a comment.
xox

No comments: