Saturday, September 20, 2014

Weekly 10: 20 - 27 September

“It is not enough to be busy... The question is: what are we busy about?”


1. Do Willow's calendar page photo. Friday

2. Get month photo dots ready, find or make? Tuesday
So pretty.


3. Clean out other cupboards in the kitchen. Saturday
I'm feeling very organised in this area of my house now. Only took me a year in this house to do it! And yes, before you ask, the games cupboard is in the kicthen/family room area, so was also tackled. Leah is SO happy that she can get to the board games now. She's had them out a few times by herself.

4. Get baby book photos of a memory stick ready for printing. If I'm really clever I will print them AND put them in the books. Saturday
They're all ready to go and putting them in the books is securely on next week's Weekly 10 list.

5. iPad reformat. Tuesday
SO grumpy about this. We had an issue with the iPad where the sound wasn't working on some apps. After I reformatted the problem was still there so decided to do some googling and reading about others that have had the same issue and the fix was stupidly easy. AND I now have to reorganise all my apps back where I want them. Sigh. lol.

6. Spray paint pots and get ready for potting next week - weed, buy potting mix and plants. Friday
I did this all around the wrong way, hence the spray painting I'm leaving until next week's weekly 10. I have although cleaned up the pots that were there AND planted some new herbs and veges. Gold! Now to keep them alive...


7. READ! Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
I finished my book on Wednesday morning, just in time for book club, but it was postponed until next week - doh! Oh well, feeling very organised now. Great book too ('Nineteen minutes' Jodi Picoult) . I always left reading until all my other jobs were done but once I started reading I didn't want to stop. Are all Jodi's books like that? I've read 5 of them and every single one is.

8. Complete advent calendar. Friday
All ideas are written down ready to go. Now I just need to type them out.

9. Make Lemon Curd cake. Sunday
You can even get the recipe for it if you click the image below:
http://followingmoonshadows.blogspot.co.nz/2014/09/lemon-curd-cake.html

10. Look for (and make) recipes with the 'Mother Earth' honey ready for the blog posts. Friday
I'm happy to cross this one off. I've not yet made anything with the honey yet, but I have bought ingredients and found a multitude of recipes to use. Keep your eyes peels for Tasty Tuesday next week.

I've had an incredibly busy week including visiting a school, grocery shopping (yes, this is huge without a husband, but with an infant, visiting my workplace to show off a bubba, a tongue tie mini surgery appointment and my other normal 'round the house' craziness. I like scheduling things like 'Read', but I also feel like it's not getting anything done. I have to keep telling myself that my reading is important, if for no other reason that it is a '30 before 30' goal to read 30 books!

And here we are for next week...

1. Sell kitchen items that I no longer need.

2. Make 52 list headers.

3. Put photos into baby books.

4. Organise bathroom cupboards and towel cupboard.

5. Clean out and organise the laundry cupboard.

6. Throw away yucky nail polishes.

7. Get Damien to put up curtain railing that I broke (whoops!).

8. Go for 2 long walks with Andrea.

9. Weed vege garden.

10. Spray paint other pots for herb garden.

No comments: