Monday, September 15, 2014

Gearing up on the 30 before 30

I'm so excited about the 30 goals before 30 challenge I've set myself. I've missed having my list of set goals throughout 2014 and I'm so glad to get it underway again. Especially seeing as m any of them are fairly lofty goals that I'll need to work at over time.

Last week for my Weekly 10 challenge I wanted to schedule some of these goals so that I could 1) get excited about them, 2) make sure I'm hitting all of them and 3) giving some of them enough time to get off the ground and perhaps if I take some away now (either by planning for them, locking them in or starting towards them) it will show me which ones I'm neglecting so I can get on to them.

So without further adieu, I present....
Pretty exciting that one of the challenges is already complete. The joys of having started writing my list months and months ago - before I was pregnant.
Goal #1: Have of be pregnant with baby #2.....

For Goal #2: Lose 30kg. I have taken my first weight on the 3/9/14. This was a week after having Willow so I'm hoping that the first week's rapid weight loss has less to do with the fact I was still shedding baby weight and more that I was just very busy with a new baby and haven't had time to eat too much crap. I have been drinking a lot of water also, so that could have helped. Either way, my first week saw me lose 3.5kg! Fluke I reckon. Planning for a bit more exercise over the new little bit too including walks with my sister. Progress!

I hadn't done anything for Goal #3: Learn how to apply a good face of make up, but was going to talk about it with my beautiful friend Nicola, who is a make up artist, when we were at lunch yesterday. She went one step further to say that she'd been reading my blog and thought for my birthday (in January) she would get me a super duper tutorial with an amazing make up artist set up for me. Her thoughts are that she would be able to show me an 'everyday' look as well as something for going out. 'Peeeeeeerfect!' I said.

Goal #6: Do the colour run, also got it's first injection of motivation yesterday when I ordered my ticket and made a Team. My team currently has me and 4 other people in it - some pretty cool fun chicks too. I'm so excited about it. Now to talk them into getting dressed up for the occasion.....

For Goal #8: 52 lists project, I have just put on my Week 10 list for next week to make all the headers and print them so that they're ready to go. Or not print them... I hate my handwriting... would rather type them... hmmmm.

My reading Goal (#14) is coming along nicely. I'm about to finish my 2nd book of 30. I do need to make sure I make time for reading though. As much as I love it, it is a struggle.


Choosing where to go for Goal #16: Have high tea with friends is going to be a mission. I may have to go to more than one...

Half of Goal #20: is going to have some steam put behind it this week, with one of my Weekly 10 goals to begin to get my herb garden on the go again. The state of my vege garden is absolutely shameful!.. so that might take a bit longer. I would like to plant some strawberries for summer though.

Aaaand other than that (which I think is a pretty good dent for starters) I haven't done anything but just think about the other goals. I'll try and keep up with a progress report post on the 30 before 30 every 2 or 3 weeks to see how I'm going. 

Eeeeep! Things getting done, so exciting. Haha, what a nerd!
xox

No comments: