Friday, July 22, 2011

Things I'm Loving....the Pepe edition.


This is the baby edition of 'Things I'm loving' ('Pepe' = baby in Maori).

I've had one week off work and have finally got the baby's room looking preeeetty much the way I want it.  So here we go...

1)  I'm loving all my fabulous family and friends who came to Baby Shower #2 on Sunday just gone.  VERY spoiled again and had a great time.
Thank you to everyone who came, especially those who braved the 'Chocolate bar in nappy' game.

2)  I'm loving my Mum and Sister - more than usual.  They organised a  great baby shower and I know everyone who came had a good time.  Andrea - those chocolate bars where melted to perfection in those nappies, bravo!  Special thanks to my beautiful mother who hosted the party and cleaned and prepared our family bassinet (see next).

3) I'm loving our family bassinet which is now expectedly waiting for a baby to fill it. I used this bassinet as a baby and so did my brother and 2 sisters.  I'm not entirely sure of it's origins but I know we're not the only babies that have used it - nice little traditions make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

4) I'm loving the completed collection of scrapped nursery rhymes.  'Once I caught a fish alive' and 'Mary, mary quite contrary' have been finished for a month or two now and I've just knocked the last two out yesterday and today - VERY happy with them as a whole collection.  Cute cute cute!

The collection is...

  • 'Once I caught a fish alive'
  • 'Mary, mary quite contrary'
  • 'Twinkle, twinkle little star'
  • 'Mary had a little lamb'
  • 'Starship Lullaby' by Tiki Taane 
  • 'Humpty Dumpty'

5) I'm loving that fact that in 6 weeks(ish) I'll be able to dress a little bubba in all these little clothes!  And yes, I'm under no illusion that the tidiness of this cupboard will not be intact when I start dressing said little bubs.

6) Loving the fact that I saw this idea on pintrest.com and actually did what I said I would do and went out and got my own printed!

7) I'm loving the (pretty much) finished baby room!

<3 

PS:  Thank you to Paisley Jade for the use of her little 'Things I'm loving' badge for the last little bit.  Am planning on making my own at some stage but just haven't got around to it just yet.. am thinking something with my chalk photography.... hmmm.

5 comments:

Cuzzy Dan said...

I wish you were my mum...come make me an awesome room like that too (just a bit more boyish...not really a fan of pink)

Mel Dehar said...

What a great room for baby :) Love the family basinett-I have used the one mum used with us kids and like you it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

PaisleyJade said...

What a lovely baby room and beautiful clothes!! So exciting. I just love that chocolate bar in nappy game and I had the same bassinette for my last two babies!

No worries about using the button - that's what it's there for!

Jazzyboo said...

I have the chair that my mummy b/f me in and its falling to bits but I will either sit on it till it falls to pieces under me (which it is starting to do) or get it repaired. I am hoping the latter!! I love this chair! Loving the baby's room! Soo cool! I had to play the nappy choccy game onces and OMG ew!!! lol it was fun tho!

Ange said...

That's so special you have a family bassinet to use for your wee one. Such a lovely, warm fuzzy post!