Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Sometimes the cure for restlessness is rest."

Yet another thing to cross off my 101 list.  I'm scared to see how I'm going by counting how many I've done/are left but alls I know is I'm super happy when I can cross one off. PS:  I know it's a 'silent sunday' but what I'm doing tomorrow fits perfectly into the theme so I'm being sneaky :D


I actually did this a couple of weeks ago.  It was great fun. It ties in nicely with my challenge to do something with my 'Mind, body, spirit' series stuff (which I'm getting to... slowly) as a lot of that stuff is for meditation-y, relaxation-y kinda stuff.

I actually didn't do it straight after Little Miss went to sleep as she's an early to bed, early to rise kinda girl but turns out a ride on the exercycle and 30 minutes of shorty street were conducive to some good relaxation. :D

Now, to be completely honest, I'm really not good at relaxing.  I always have to be doing something, I'm what you would call an 'active relaxer', which is fine, but I've always wanted to be one of these people that can feel completely at bliss doing nothing much at all but having 'me time'. Which is why I put #37 on the list. And you know what?  I loved it! I really think I could do it again, perhaps even make it a weekly/fortnightly/monthly/whenever I feel like it thing.

I had bubble bath, candles, bath oil, essential oils burning and a great book ('The land of painted caves' the last in the 'Earth Children's' series by Jean M Auel). It was really nice.  Something I might need now and then with going back to work next week after 6 months of maternity leave. Here's hoping I'm kind enough to myself to fit it in. <3

1 comment:

Linkies/ Kimberly said...

Good on you! All mothers deserve some relaxing time- the whole set up looked amazing too! The phone didn't ring while you were having relaxing time though did it? I might have to make a '101 things to do' list too.