Monday, January 2, 2012

Conquering Challenges

I've crossed a couple of things off my 101 Challenges List today;



I baked for Jake today. 'Tuna Triangles', although as you can see I made some of his into bone shapes.  What a lucky boy!  He even got to lick the 'bowl'.  The verdict?  Have a look at the photos and see for yourself!

Licking the 'bowl'


This is the recipe if you also have a spoiled pup!

Tasty Tuna Triangles
From "Dog Treats"

1 can tuna
4T Olive oil
1 egg (I used two)
1t dried thyme
1t dried oregano
250g cornflour
150g rolled outs
50g flour

Drain the tuna in a sieve then puree it with the oil and the egg in a blender. Mix the puree with the other ingredients to make a dough.

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.  Line a baking sheet with baking paper.

Roll out the dough to about 1cm thick and cut into triangles.  Place biscuits on baking sheet and bake for approx 25 mins.

The biscuits will keep for about 2 weeks.


I also completed my 52 quotes deck of cards today.  I began making this before Christmas but soon found I had no binder rings and only got around to buying some last week.  They've been sitting in our spare bedroom since and only today did I manage to finish the deck.  I'm really pleased with it and I love all the quotes. <3


Aaaaaaand I need to include a recipe or two that I've made over the last little bit but haven't got around to writing on the blog.

The first is an apple cake (from yet another magazine pull out) that I made for a Christmas Eve BBQ.  Went down a treat.

Apple cake with Vanilla Syrup




150g margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
400g can diced apples
1/2 cup milk
1T bitters
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 cup standard flour
2t baking powder
Vanilla extract with seeds


Topping;
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
50g margarine 


1. Place margarine and sugar in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients. Heat, stirring until the spread melts.  Remove from heat.

2. Lightly beat eggs into the saucepan mixture. Stir in flours and baking powder and mix to combine.

3.  Pour into a 20cm round lined cake tin.

Topping;
4.  Mix oats, flour and sugar together in a bowl. Melt margarine and mix through dry ingredients.  Sprinkle on top of cake mixture.

5.  Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out cleanly.

6.  Serve warm with softly whipped cream and drizzled with vanilla extract.

Easy Chicken Stir Fry;






400g Chicken Breast
2T Sweet Chilli Sauce
1T Hoisin sauce
1T Soy Sauce
1 Red Capsicum
Spring Onion
1/2 Head Broccoli Florets


1.  Slice chicken and capsicum into thin slices.

2.  Spray pan with cooking oil.  Brown chicken and add capsicum, spring onions and broccoli.

3.  Combine hoisin, sweet chilli and soy sauce in a small bowl and add to the pan.

4. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.

Serve on boiled rice.



No comments: