Sunday, January 1, 2012

"It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life, for me....and I'm feeling good"

First of January!

Mr. Man and I have both decided that 2012 will be the year of health for us - and with that comes weight loss.  Yes, big cliche of a New Years Resolution here folks, but don't be so pessimistic.  You are the ones that will hold me accountable!

For me personally I completely loathe my body at the moment. Poor diet, little exercise and the fact I created a human in the past 12 months has seen me balloon to a weight I'm terribly unhappy with. But there's no excuse to stay that way. Especially when I'm not happy with the way I look or the way I feel, both self esteem and health wise.  I feel groggy.  I feel sluggish.  I waddle. Not cool.

ENTER MOTIVATION!

There are lots of things to motivate me.  If all the things in the last paragraph aren't enough I also have the fact the Little Miss and whatever siblings she ends up with would like a mother that can run around with them and will be around for a long time. I would like to be able to fit into clothes from any old where without having to use the plus size section, in fact, I'd like to have a size or two above where I need to buy again (just incase I would like some give in my clothes!). I want to feel good about myself. Period. Oh... and one of the things on my 101 list is to lose 10kg and I'll be damned if I don't complete that list!

The boy and I decided we would start with a body detox (yet another one of my 101 list challenges) so this week we are weaning off bits and pieces - who knew you had to do a detox to get ready for a detox?  The clock striking midnight last night saw us swear off sweets and all things naughty and throughout this week we will eliminate other things that we won't be able to have during our 7 days of doom - bread (yes even the good kind), red meat, chicken etc.  Yes, yes I know these are good things, they're just not allowed during the 7 days we are detoxing.  Thank goodness fish is or I think I'd go fully batty.  If you're interested in seeing which detox we are basing ours on you can find it here.

Another little awesome thing that I came across is the 'Reboot your life' website.  Found via this blog while trawling pinterest. It's things that we all know really.  Just some ideas for getting a kickstart. Now there's NO WAY I'm having only juice for 60 days but I think the 15 day juice + raw fruit and veges seems doable and I like the idea of perhaps doing a juice cleanse every 3 months or so for 5 days. In light of this new motivation we went out this morning and bought a juicer!

And a fancy one at that.  Very exciting. Started off very tamely by making a fruit only concoction - yum.

And then moved on to adding in some veges.  It's really good for me because I don't eat a lot of veges as I dislike the texture.  Had no issues guzzling down the juice with spinach and carrot in it. Yum Yum!

It may not look too appetising but it is delicious!
So... am feeling really good today.  15 hours of eating healthy, even did 30 minutes of exercise on the bike this morning.  Watch this space... you just know at some point in the near hungry future I will be pulling my hair out, but for now I bask in the haze which is January 1st.

1 comment:

Ms F said...

Proud of you! Waiting for my annual motivation to kick in - it will. (Your post has helped.) My self-loathing-ometer is also up there! On my 50 list is 'Feeling comfortable enough to wear a swimsuit in public'... Now where was that alcoholic drink I was imbibing before I read this...