Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"A photo is usually looked at - seldom looked into"

Just about to do something again that I am starting to absolutely adore - put a big black line through another of my 101 challenges.
Just a note, I keep saying I'm going to go birthday to birthday as the year for these challenges (my birthday is in 9 days) but I feel like I'm cheating.  So am going to officially do it from 1st Jan 2012 to 1st Jan 2013.

I have been working on this one for quite some time and only today have I completed it - uploaded all my photos to an online photo storage for good 'cloud' keeping.  I originally said I was going to use picasa, but found that I liked silckpic a little better.

This challenge stemmed from have a giant heart attack the last two times our computer decided to die wondering if the back ups I had would be enough to save my precious memories.  I have two back ups on my computer with Apple's Time Machine running diligently in the background to ensure I never lose any but still I worry.  Just feel a little safer with them all backed up on the internet now.


In addition to this I've also used this site to set up a monthly reminder to be emailed to me to keep the photos up to date and to upload the photos I've taken in the previous month.  Very clever if you ask me.

No comments: