Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Weekly 10 - A fail week - Whoops, and a little food for thought.

Well, I have to put it out there....I did nothing from last week's list. Now don't get me wrong, I thought about it, I just didn't do any of it. AND, I'm super happy about it. My biggest downfall? MKR. God I love that show.

Why am I super happy about it I hear you ask? Because I gave myself permission to snuggle up under the blanket and water the NRL or MKR. I wasn't flipping around like an energiser bunny, going balls to the wall until bed time - and I liked it! When I originally began Weekly 10, I took the inspiration from another blogger who did a similar thing, but I feel like I've taken it too far. The woman ensured she has things that were productivity thing, but also things she wanted to do with/for her kids and husband. I now and then add in that I want to relax of read, but I'm really not good at the relax thing.

Yes I love being busy, yes I love being productive and yes I love getting things done BUT, It's been getting me down - weird huh. Picture this, I'm getting my bits and pieces ready for the following day - the girls breakfasts, bags in the car, clothes laid out for tomorrow, checking the washing situation and so on and so forth. This is after Willow is in bed, but Leah is still up. I like to get everything ready for the following day so that when Leah goes to sleep I have time to get my things done. What I've been unhappy with recently is that Leah doesn't get any of that time with me, because I'm so busy.

So a different kinda list this week. I am going to try and complete last week's list because I still think they're valid things that I've been wanting to do. I also want to do the following.

1. Snuggle up with Leah on the couch when Willow goes to bed.
2. Talk to Leah about the games she's doing on her iPad.
3. Take some staged photos of Willow with her Punk Baby bibbies.
4. Read one more book that I usually do with Leah at bedtime.
5. Make a yummy pudding for Damien one night.
6. Watch TV WITHOUT doing anything else at the same time.
7. Read, read, read.
8. Count to ten before I get grumpy - especially when someone isn't doing as she's asked.
9. Make and freeze kumara mash for Will.
10. 20,000 steps a day (this does seem like adding something - but I'm really enjoying this, so why not?!)

1 comment:

Veronica at www.holyschmidt.net said...

I'm with you. I started wondering recently why I was making everything more important than myself. How can it be more important that my floor is vacuumed than that I am OK? So I've started making relaxing one of my to-dos each day. Man, it's good!