Thursday, April 16, 2015

"Dream big, aim high and pay your bills on time!"

I'm excited to cross this one off my list - as I am with any of my goals - but this one especially as it has meant some beneficial changes for our day-to-day, week-to-week lives.


It's noteworthy to say that after looking into it, I only changed one of these things - our phone provider - and even decided not to change out power company because even though they're not the cheapest, it's easy. Let me break it down a bit.

I'll start with what I decided to change. Being a Capricorn (or I'm going to blame it on that) I'm a super bitch grudge holder. And poor Telecom, or spark as they're now known learned that a scorned woman in me, does not a harmonious phone company/customer relationship make.
Poor service and then poor customer service, even from a manager meant that I was fast on the lookout for another provider.
This actually turned out really well for us as we chose to go to Vodafone and were able to consolidate both our phone and Sky television (cable TV) bills into one. We're now saving, on these bills combined, around $60 a month, which I think is a pretty big deal.


Now, with the insurance company. I was more than ready to begin looking into new insurance companies and finding out if I was getting the best deal. I know our premiums are slightly higher and it would be nice to pay less every month for this. And then my stupid dog broke our front door barking at a courier delivery man.

Within 10 minutes on the phone to State insurance there was someone on there way to assess the window and get the ball rolling on fixing it. My dad always said, "With State, you'll pay a little bit more, but come claim time, you'll realise why", and it has been that was with every.single.claim we have made with them. They're great, and there's no way we're changing.

I looked into a few different power companies, but to be honest, in the end, I was all a bit confused. I know we pay more than some with our power, but it's easy. I don't have to think about 'on-peak' and 'off-peak' times or reading a meter. It just happens and we get the bill. So I must say, with this, I gave up!

Very happy with our changes and with our not changes. :) And YAY!!! for another goal crossed off.

No comments: