Sunday, October 21, 2012

"Jewellery takes people's minds off your wrinkles"

If  completing the 101 challenge has done nothing else, it definitely made me more self aware and more conscious of the things that I want for myself - how I want to portray myself to others, how I want to be to make myself happy and how I want to live my life.

This challenge was very much in this category. I haven't gone crazy wearing my jewellery. I have a tonne of costume jewellery, probably the fanciest stuff I have are my engagement ring, wedding band and pandora bracelet, which I do wear most of the time, but I do have a lot of other nice rings, necklaces and bits and bobs. I have been far more conscious of whether I've been wearing it and making sure I try to wear different 'favourite' pieces.

A week or so ago I also had a big clean out (with my little helper - see below) and threw or gave away a lot of the pieces I've worn in the past but just didn't really like or weren't really 'me' anymore. My jewellery boxes got a much needed clean out and look a lot more organised now there's less in them.

Accomplished!




No comments: