Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Being Thankful

I started this off as a list a little while back, thinking that I would add to it as I go but it never really got off the ground. I started writing it as a little repetitive poem yesterday and knocked out 100 things easy peasy...at least, I think it's a hundred, lost count a few times LOL.

Enjoy xox

100 things I am grateful for...


I’m grateful that I had two loving parents who did everything they could for their kids and that I had a wonderful childhood. I’m grateful that they spent time with me and that they had ‘making memories’ as one of their priorities when I was little. I’m grateful that when I lashed out as a teenager dad came and spoke to me, many times, no matter how shitty I was. I’m grateful that I was loved as a child and that I had no doubt of that fact. I’m grateful for two wonderful siblings who always make me laugh, shared smiles and shared loves. I’m grateful for loving grandparents who spent time with their grandchildren and always made you feel special. I’m grateful for an extended family who help out during those tough times - I know we’ve had a few. 

I’m grateful that I met the most incredible man in the world and that he became my soulmate. I’m grateful that he wanted to marry me. I’m grateful that he puts up with all of my BS and that we hardly ever fight. I’m grateful that he helps out around the house and  joins me in all my silliness. I’m grateful appreciating him for and being appreciated. With Damien, most of all, I’m grateful that we balance each other. I’m grateful that he thought buying our house was a good idea and that we were in a position to do so, so early in our lives. 

I’m grateful for a healthy pregnancy (and the new bed we bought during it!) and a beautiful daughter. I’m grateful for a fairly straight forward birth and hope for a couple more too! I’m grateful for Leah’s cute little nose and her beautiful green eyes. Her joyful laugh and her chubby little legs. I’m grateful for her sunny disposition and am a little scared for any future babies that might not be as sunny. I’m grateful for how clever Leah is as well as how beautiful she is. I’m grateful for cute little dance moves and so many amazing milestones (including the ones to come).

I’m grateful for the time we got to spend with Vince and that Damien let me get another puppy. I’m grateful for blue collared puppies who were allowed to come home with us and his good natured temperament. I’m grateful for happy rottweiler tails. I’m grateful for happy doggies who love their family more than anything. I’m grateful for Shakespeare and the happiness he’s brought me.I’m grateful for all the loving animals that have been a part of my life. 

I’m grateful for real friends that stick around (up to 17 years in one case!) and who put up with my inability to talk on the phone well. I’m grateful for their listening ears and their supportive shoulders. I’m grateful for the time I get to spend with them and all the fun we share. I’m grateful for all the positive people in my life and I’m grateful for the new people I meet.  I’m grateful for everyone I’ve met, they’ve all shaped me in some way.

I’m grateful for the opportunities that I’ve been given. I’m grateful for inspiring teachers who led me along a career path I’m proud of. I’m grateful for being given my first teaching job and for the wonderful children I taught at that school. I’m grateful for career advancements and hope for another one in the near future. I’m grateful that my job inspires others. I’m grateful for the people that I have met through my career and how they inspire me. I’m grateful that my career has improved my love of technology and that my love of technology has improved my career. 

I’m grateful for books with wonderful stories. I’m grateful for sunny days, New Zealand and beautiful beaches. I’m grateful for cameras, stunning photos and learning new hobbies. I’m grateful for learning. I’m grateful for apple mac and I’m grateful for Kindle! I’m grateful for warm fuzzies and hugs. I’m grateful for smiles and positivity, being present and play. I’m grateful for the amount of happiness I have. I’m grateful for video games and blogging (and probably facebook too!). I’m grateful for music, instruments and emotion filled lyrics. I’m grateful for happy endings and interesting journeys. I’m grateful for all things beautiful. I’m grateful for Coke Zero and raspberry twizlers. I’m grateful for knee high socks. I’m grateful for stationary and pretty colours felt tip pens. I’m grateful for a sweet tooth and baked goodies.

But most of all. I’m grateful that I’m happy. I’m grateful that I have love. I’m grateful that I can be grateful for so many amazing things in my life. Thank you to everyone and everything that is a part of it <3 


No comments: