Saturday, October 20, 2012

Avocado Orchard

Today we went for a little drive to the Avocado Orchard at Otuataua Stonefields. I heard about it from a work colleague and being only a 20 minute drive from somewhere I've lived all my life it was a strange experience to explore somewhere I didn't even know was there!

We only really looked at the Avocado Orchard (as I was on the hunt) but it is a beautiful looking place with walking tracks and even backs onto a beachy back drop.



Now, I was hoping that I would have a more concrete reason for crossing this off my list and be able to bring in some avocados.
I technically did go fruit picking... it's just.....


...it's not quite November and there weren't any Avos yet!

I'm going to take it as a cross off anyhow...I will most likely be returning. And well, I did go fruit picking, right? Hehe

We had fun, the sun was out and we were enjoying some of the beauty NZ has to offer, what more could we ask for?


How are you spending your long Weekend NZers?

No comments: