Monday, July 2, 2012

Make you own Glitter Polish

I must admit I don't actually paint my nails all that often but seeing inspiringly beautiful nails on piterest so often and following blogs like Steffels I began to covet these beautiful glitter style polishes.

After finding a place that would ship to NZ (Plug: Dollish Polish) I made a big list of polishes I would purchase but upon going to the website I found that they were all out of stock - many of the places that make this polish are hot in demand.

Which got me to thinking... surely it's only as difficult as glitter + clear polish = glory, right? Wrong... ish.  Yes, that is the basic formula... no it does not always work out that way. I personally was looking for a glitter polish, not one that had colour in it also (as you will see below I got the latter from my concoction, best guess is cheap glitter and/or clear polish?).  So although I share my world changing formula with you, as you will see, it doesn't always end up exactly as you would like. I encourage trial and error my pretties, trial and error.


You'll need - clear polish, a selection of glitters in your chosen colour/s and a funnel or paper to make one.

Like I said.. the method is bascially glitter + polish.  And also like I said, trial and error.  Play around with it and have some fun.  If it gets too gluggy pop in some nail polish remover.

Enjoy x






And just to see you out a pretty song quote with one of my bokeh shots <3

No comments: