Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chicken Dippers and Avocado Dip

Chicken dippers are made in the normal flour, egg, bread crumb manner and then shallow fried. I zhuzh up my breadcrumbs a bit by adding parmesan, paprika, oregano and chives - makes them super yummy.

The avocado dip is a bit of a frankenstein.  I looked all around the internet at different recipes and took bits and pieces here and there.  I didn't follow one recipe exactly and my quantities weren't measured but it was YUM!

Mashed up one avocado, half a package of cream cheese, grated a small onion (with it's juice) into it, added garlic salt and normal pepper and lemon juice.  Mixed it all up and voila.

Sure is fun to play around with recipes. The more I look through the net and recipe books the more confident I feel to change things up.  I'm a bit of a 'rough as guts' cook - chucking things in here and there and not really measuring exactly right but it seems to work.... or at least it did this time!


No comments: