Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tapapakanga - DONE!

One of the things in my 101 challenges list is to explore the Auckland Region a bit more by having a look around it's regional parks and things. 



Not heading away this Christmas season, opting for day trips, and with this list in hand, we chose Tapapakanga Reserve for out little excursion today. It was a nice little place which seemed fairly unknown - maybe only 10 other groups of people there. It's situated about 10 minutes drive from Kawakawa Bay, which is a nice drive through the South of Auckland. It's also quite close to the famous Kaiaua Fish and Chip shop if you're feeling a bit peckish after your long drive. (:

We had a nice little time there and I challenge you to get out and explore your 'backyards' - great fun! Tomorrow, a spot a little more known and a little closer to home, the Auckland Botanical Gardens.







1 comment:

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

It looks like a fabulous day out! And you have just reminded me of my own 101 goals, it has been a while since I reviewed them! I may find a New Years Resolution amongst them. Enjoy your holiday at home, the best way to spend the holiday season I reckon! :) Hazel