Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Collections....

Day 20: What do you collect?

The only real collection I have are of books.

I have a pretty vast collection of -ology books in this series. I have all the main books (bar 'Spyology') and heaps of spin off books. The Dragonology book in particular had many spin offs. I also have 3 boardgames based on the first three books and also some card games too!

The books write about fictional things as if they're real, in a non-fiction manner. it quite a cool concept and many of them - dragonology, egyptology, pirateology, vampirology, oceanology) have a 'story' that runs through the book too. They're quite cleverly written.

 I think my favourite would have to be 'Oceanology' as I liked the links to '10,000 leagues under the sea' in the 'story' part of the book.
The Ology World Website is a really cool visit too if you've got the time. I look forward to 'Dinosaurology' coming out in the next little while.

I also loosely collect Robert Sabuda pop up books because I find them incredible - how on earth he creates pop ups that detailed and intricate is beyond me, but I love it.

At this stage I own...
- Prehistorica series - Dinosaurs, Beasts and Sharks
- Wizard of OZ
- Castle: Medieval days and knights
- Alice in Wonderland
- Adventures in Narnia
- Peter Pan

My collecting of these books has slowed recently. They're at least $50 a pop (no pun intended) and although they're amazing and worth every cent I have a bloody mortgage that needs paying. Ah well, bit by bit my collection will grow.

2 comments:

boysmum2 said...

I have never heard about the 'ology' series, I think my 2 sons would love these books, will have to look into them further

Neetz said...

Wow... those pop up books are awesome! Youre not wrong though about them being expensive!! (and the mortgage) lol