Monday, December 24, 2012

Summer Trifle


Now, I'm always honest with my readers, so I feel it's my duty to tell you that I hate trifle. I'm one of these people that always eats what's on my plate one thing at a time rather than putting it altogether in one spoonful and trifles always made this difficult for me. Where there's something I don't like I want to pull it out or not eat and definitely not be able to taste it. The nature of a trifle made this not so. Also, trifles made things I generally liked, like pineapple, not so likeable. Euck.

So I've crafted a trifle that has everything I like in it so that I don't need to pick, and after multiple attempts I've found that the fruits (only two of them) that I use don't seem to lose their appeal when put together with the other ingredients.

So, without further ado, here is my Summer Trifle for people that don't really like trifle.

PS:  Americans, down here in the wonderful southern hemisphere, we have Christmas in Summer... and it's awesome!

Summer Trifle
Strawberries (I like to cute and sugar these prior so that you get some yummy strawberry juice for the sponge to soak up).
Peaches
Custard 
Sponge 
Boysenberry (or whatever flavour floats your boat) jam
Cream

NB: I have not put quantities here. It depends how big and for how many people you want to make the trifle as to how much you use, as well as how big your bowl is!

1. Spread the sponge with Jam and cut into cubes.

2. Make a layer of sponge at the bottom of the bowl. Top with about 1/2 - 1 cup of strawberries/peaches and their juices, cover with custard and repeat as many times as you need to finishing with a layer of sponge.

3. Whip cream and cover the top layer.

Boom. Trifle goodness right there.

Enjoy.
Merry Christmas xox
 

No comments: