Thursday, June 30, 2011

"So shines a good deed in a naughty world."

I should start off by saying that this is less of a 'pet peeve' and more of a mega hate! I can't stand this, and it seems so easily avoidable.

Surely I can't get any backlash about this one, every one hates it... right?  Deep breath - here I go.

If your child/ren can't sit still and quiet through a hour twenty minute movie at home chances are (shock horror) that they won't do it at the cinema!

This Saturday just gone Mr. Man and I went to see cars at Events Cinemas Manukau. We took my older sister and two of her children along with us - Nikki, age 13 and Cody, age 4.

Now, I'm a school teacher, so trust me, noise isn't a problem...but surely social ettiquit is paramount to these parents?  You want to teach your children the correct ways to act in this social situation (don't you?) and setting them up for failure by taking them to a movie that is far beyond their concentration span ain't gonna work.

We had "mum, can we go now"s loudly throughout the movie.  Not to mention the crying, sticky fingers in my hair, leaning on the back of my chair, escape artists and the odd child that thought that he would be far more entertaining than the movie, ran up front and did many a dance for us in front of the screen.

All the while my nephew Cody (4) sat next to me in his chair watching the movie, eating his popcorn and waving his Lightening McQueen flag. God only knows what he was thinking of all these hooligan children!

I don't rant very often but there you go.  Feel free to comment and hate me :P.

Our well behaved tag along.

2 comments:

LatteJunkie said...

I am so with you on that. My little man sat at Cars 2 on Sunday saying "Mummy why aren't these children being sensible!?"

But soon you will see this kind of thing everywhere... The mother who goes to the cafe with NOTHING for her kids to do. My handbag currently has 2 cars, 1 person, 1 notebook, 1 pack of pencil crayons and a packet of stickers. There is a back up kit in the car in case of emergencies.

There's the kid who climbs up the display cases in shops or sits in the yoghurt compartment because "I'm hot"

Oooh see I need to rant about this so I think I'll leave you to your lovely evening and blog my vents away :D

LJx

Ms F said...

Agree. I don't have kids, but for me it's akin to dog owners who think it's cute to have their dog jump all over you. Now that's a real 'pet' peeve lol. (but dog owners who don't collect their dogs s&%# piss me off even more!)