Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"Walk a mile in another woman's shoes and you will understand her problems"

I had a wee epiphany today, bought on by putting some baby shoes away in the closet.

Let me start by going off on a tangent... you will see Miss Baby's closet is more equipped than my closet will ever be.  This is due to some amazingly lovely and caring workmates who have handed me down the most beautiful bubba clothes for our upcoming addition.  I love my job and I work in the most incredibly supportive school out there. So I'd just like to put some love out into the atmosphere for all the great people at my little slice of workplace heaven.
Back to the epiphany at hand.  Looking at the little shoes and little socks and little stretch-n-grows I had to reconsider my fears around the impending arrival. Anyone that knows me at all knows that I'm fairly confident I'm going to do a semi decent job at being a Mum.  Some even know that I'm a little bit scared of child birth.  Even less know that in fact it's not a little bit scared but a truckload terrified! I always have been and now that I'm pregnant people have a bad habit of telling me all their 'great' stories.

But having a think today... how on earth can something that will fit into those wee shoes and wee socks and wee stretch-n-grows be that scary?  I know, I know, child birth is no walk in the park and I have no illusions, but how long is that scary part really?  30 - 90 minutes max?  For a lifetime of happiness, cuddles, love and laughter.  

I think that's a pretty fair trade!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Welcome to the world of blogging chicky, blog looks great, very envious of bubbas closet :)

Sera said...

This is such an awesome idea!! I want to do one :)

LatteJunkie said...

Welcome to blogging and motherhood :)

Looking forward to reading your journey!

LJx

Sarah @ Catching the Magic said...

Dropping by from KMB and wishing you well in the latter stages of pregnancy. Look forward to hearing the news in September! And you are so right - the birth is all over and done with in a comparatively short time compared to the lifetime job of parenting! All the best & happy blogging :)

Angela said...

Welcome to the KMB circle! And all the best with your pregnancy! (LOVIN' the closet too!)