Friday, August 29, 2014

Things I'm Loving - What's not to love right now?

"Every week may not be good but there is something good in every week."
 
What a week! In my need to be busy and 'get everything done' this week, I really managed to get everything done - our new addition was born and came home on Wednesday. Couldn't have predicted that if I had time travel capabilities!

There's so much to love at the moment. Let's start at the beginning.

I'm absolutely adoring this little gremlin. Willow Grace was born at 12 minutes past 7 on Wednesday morning weighing in at 8 pound 3 ounces and measuring 49cm (fatter than Leah but a weeny bit shorter). She promptly let us know that she was voice trained by a pteradactyl whilst in the womb and can imitate the cry of one perfectly. Luckily she only uses it when she really needs to (to let us know that in fact it's not time for a nappy change.... ever). Everything went incredibly fast and incredibly smoothly - we only spent just under 5 hours at the hospital in total. Neither Mr. Man or I could quite believe it. She is an absolute delight and we're all loving her (Leah and Jake included).


I'm loving my wonderful husband. What a rock he is. I know most men nowadays help out with babies and everything else around the house. I'm just very thankful I have one that does and without a fuss. I'm a lucky girl.

Loving a little girl that is a great big sister. Leah has read stories and sung songs, she's patted Willow in the basinette when she was being grizzly and she wants to help out with all the ins and outs of a newborn. Along the same vein, I am very much loving and extremely thankful for a flexible daycare provider that let Leah attend a trip today even though she's not booked in of Fridays and they're down a parent helper as I can't go. She's been so excited about the trip, talking about it every night and it was awesome to know that even though we had an unexpected change in schedule this week, my little girl wasn't going to miss out.

I think I better be succinct with this post and keep it to the bestest 'people' in my life, so seeing we've had Gremlin, Mr. Man and Leah, I will have to say that the last loving this week goes out to big brother Jake. Who, although overly excited about his new sister, has been a very good boy. I love how he checks up on Willow through the side of the basinette when she's fussing, as much a part of the family as anyone else. He's had a bit of a rough night last night though, can you tell?


What are you loving this week?
xox


No comments: