Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fairy Birthday Party

This weekend just gone we had Leah's 3rd birthday party. It's slightly early because Leah's birthday is the 3rd of September and I'm due to have baby on the 4th. Eeek!

Last year we had the Sesame Street Birthday (post one, post two, photos) and I must say, this year was a little less crazy (being 37 weeks pregnant will do that to you!) I still had a few little touches I thought you might like to have shared.

I was pretty chuffed with the invitations I made, although most people were invited via facebook and I only used two of these. I thought I did super well in the making!
If you would like an edited copy of this with your little ones name, age and details on it please email me (:
I would thoroughly recommend an entertainer at a birthday party! We hired a fairy for this party and although I thought she would have more of the kids present into it (the older girls weren't really interested for the whole time), it had my girl mesmerised! She loved Fairy Rose so much and I think we'll talk about her for many moons to come. It's a pretty big cost, but it gave me a chance to talk to people and to help out my little pixies in the kitchen (a weeny bit!).
Serendipity Photography

Serendipity Photography

I made the thank you gift tags quite early on in the piece and apart from them being a real pain to cut out, they were pretty and versatile. Because I made them so early I wasn't sure what the party favours were going to be! They lent themselves well to the 'unicorn horn' lollipops I ended up getting but would have been fine for a variety of gifts.
Again, if you'd like an edited copy of this, please email me (:

Our decorations were very simple for this one (37 weeks pregnant, remember!) and I actually reused some Giant Paper Pom Poms that my lovely friend had made for my recent baby shower. We pinned them up to the netting around the lounge. Boom! Done! This was also the deal with the table tutu. Thanks Miss Nicola! xox



The cake was pretty much a carbon copy of every cake my Ma made me from the age of 3 - 8. Legless barbie type doll smooshed into a cake that looks like her dress. Minor changes - fairy doll instead of generic barbie. Went down a treat though. I even actually made the cake instead of just icing premades this year. I used this recipe and it went down a treat!

And lastly, the food....
Serendipity Photography

We like to eat, can you tell?

Just as I've done previously, I made little themed name cards to go with the dishes, but again, primarily it's all just good party foods.


Here are the name cards with a little explanation of what was served.
A must have - white bread, butter, 100s and 1000s sprinkled on top.
Layered 'traffic light' style jellies.
Mini cupcakes (made from the same mixture as the large cake) with edible glitter of course.
Dinner rolls with breakfast sausages.
Marshmallow, white chocolate, edible glitter. Nom.
Candy floss.
Grapes and raisins.
This was made from a mixture of pineapple juice, ginger beer and sparkling white grape juice. Is delish!
Milkshakes.
Hash brown bites, some wrapped in bacon.

Mini Savouries
Puck is the fairy from 'A midsummer's night dream' (just to clear that up!). His pikelets (mini sweet and savoury pancakes) were smothered with jam and cream and cream cheese, bacon and tomato respectively. Mmmmm
Recipe here.

No comments: