Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - Freezing Galore

A new series? It might take off. I'm always posting recipes, why not bring them together on one day? Plus, how about that cute little banner hey? Gotta love free graphics.

At the moment I'm in the process of making and freezing some goodies for the first few weeks after the little one arrives - a few dinners and a few goodies that I can take out of the freezer in the morning so as to not worry about cooking for the day. Perfect.

Leah and I started on this yesterday by making a CCC Pie for a dinner and the following two free flow items. Enjoy xox

Strawberry Louise Tarts 

A yummy little take on the more traditional Louise Slice that always went down a treat in my house when I was a kid. I'm sharing the recipe from the 'Food in a minute' site, a NZ site and mini TV ad series that has a tonne of easy recipe ideas. Definitely worth a look!

Here is the Louise Tart Recipe. I'm keen to see how the meringue layer is going to freeze.

Zucchini, Bacon and Brie Muffins
125g Brie
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup grated zucchini
2 rashers of rindless bacon, chopped
2/3 cup Buttermilk
125g Butter
1 egg, lightly beaten



1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Lightly spray a 12-hole muffin pan with oul.

2. Cut half the brie into 12 small wedges and set aside. Chop the remaining brie.

3. Sift flour into a large bowl, stir in zucchini, bacon and chopped brie.

4. In a jug, combine buttermilk, butter and egg. Season to taste.

5. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Add milk mixture all at once. Mix lightly until just combined. Do not over mix.

6. Spoon into muffin-pans until 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes.

7. Top each muffin with a wedge of brie. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until cooked when tested. Serve muffins warm.


Be sure to check back for more tasty Tuesday creations. There will be many in the next wee while while I'm off work. I pass my time in the kitchen!

Enjoy xox

No comments: