Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Another day in the life of me....



It's day 4! I always wonder why these challenges have a task that asks you to bullet your whole day... as surely it's boring? I've done this before when I was home with a small baby. But today I'm on holiday so really on the whole it's pretty boring stuff. Oh well, here goes!

  • Woke up listening to Leah playing in her room over the monitor.
  • Put weetbix in Leah's bag ready for Daycare and sent her off with Daddy while I went back to bed to read a few chapters of my current read, "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult.
  • Put a photo of Jake snuggling on instagram - the real important stuff.
  • Got up and had something to eat. 
  • Began work on moving photo files around on the computer. We stated off with things looking like this...
 


  • Tidied up around the place, put washing away, put a new load on, cleaned up the kitchen etc.
  • Restarted the computer because it had a spaz and began moving files again (I set up a move then go away from the computer to do a few things).
  • Swept up bark and rocks and bits and pieces outside.
  • Walked around the garden with Damien and talked about what we want to do with the place.
  • Rang mum and talked plants and garden with her for a bit.
  • Began more photo files moving.
  • Updated humourous facebook status update.
  • Made strawberry muffins - in wicked cool pirate casings!
  • Had lunch with lovely husband.
  • Began more photo files moving.
  • Cleaned up Leah's room which included a very thorough organising of her clip frame.
Before:


After:


  • Cleaned up the kitchen
  • Moved more photo files.
  • Damien showed me around outside at all the work he's been doing. Pretty clever husband I have.
  • Moved yet again more files and began to write this post.
The day went a bit wayward then and I can't really remember in what order I did things, but there was picking up Leah from daycare, making dinner, bathtime, watching big brother and then reading book before bed.

And for the record, my hard drive now looks like this...so I made almost 25gb worth of progress. Still going! And seeing I started earlier in the week with only close to 11gb free I'm pretty happy.

Jeez! Nerd, OUT!
 


No comments: