Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"When I look into the future, it's so bright it burns my eyes"-Opera Winfrey

Day 2: Where I'd like to be in 10 years.

In 10 years I will be nearly 36. I always hate this question in job interviews because I know I want more out of my career and life but I sort of play things by ear.  It's served me well so far.  I have a general idea of where I'm heading but no specifics really.  So this is a curly one.  Bear with me.

I felt like it called for a list (:

1) Mr. Man and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. Tin is the traditional anniversary gift material for 10 years so I guess I'll be getting a rusty old car that he will zhuzh at some point (probably closer to our 20th anniversary than our 10th). He's a charmer that husband of mine.
2) Little Miss will be 10 and she will have 2 little siblings.  One of them will be about 7 and the other about 3 or 4. 

3) Jake WILL still be around and will have a little brother Rottweiler to pass all his sock stealing wisdom onto.

4)  We will still be living in Auckland but hopefully somewhere a little more rural with a teeny bit of land - perhaps an acre?

5) My career will go one of a few ways (haven't decided which yet).
 (5i) I'll be working in a school in management.  I always said I never wanted to go any further in school management than a team leader but the idea is slowly growing on me - perhaps because of how well I see the management unit working at my current school.
(5ii) I'll be working as an ICT facilitator in a variety of schools for Team Solutions of something of the like.
(5iii) I'll be working in and own an early childhood centre.

Whichever one of those will depend on a multitude of things - mostly the family situation and when we'll have the kiddies.  Who knows - I'll probably still be a happy classroom teacher 10 years from now, I could happily do it forever :).

6) My blog will be a total success and I will be able to update it on my iPad Gen57 by just thinking my post.
Lol xox

1 comment:

Emily said...

I recently made a five year plan kind of like this one. I'm planning on graduating with my Master's in May, and I realized I didn't have any kind of idea about what I wanted to do! I met with a professor and he made me realize that I had never really thought about it before. Isn't it much more of a relief to have a plan? (Even if it doesn't necessarily turn out that way?)