Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 10 - A new week


I gave myself a little bit longer than I normally would to complete the set of goals (two of them) I had. I'm quite happy with my efforts over the last couple of weeks, even though I didn't complete everything. I also want to change Weekly 10 up a bit, so I'm focussing on all parts of my life and enriching them rather than just adding to the endless pile of things I have to do.

But first, lets see how I did.

The first list said...
1. Waterb last the area around the washing line.
2. Begin planning my gourmet meal for 30 before 30.
3.  House lists - start adding to these. 4. Organise photo cupboard.
5.  Get photos printed.
6. Plan for more photos for the the 'Whanau' wall.
7. Check smoke alarms.
8. Read!
9. Organise Recipe folder.
10. Have some fun with the family in the weekend. Spend some time not worrying about getting things done! 

Did lots of that last one, especially this weekend, with our lovely trip to Cornwall Park with my beautiful girls. I'd really like to spend some time with photos to choose some more for the 'whanau wall' and I really need to get my A into G with the waterblasting and gourmet meal, so perhaps these will reappear in a coming list.

1. Snuggle up with Leah on the couch when Willow goes to bed.
2. Talk to Leah about the games she's doing on her iPad.
3. Take some staged photos of Willow with her Punk Baby bibbies.
4. Read one more book that I usually do with Leah at bedtime.
5. Make a yummy pudding for Damien one night.

6. Watch TV WITHOUT doing anything else at the same time.
7. Read, read, read.

8. Count to ten before I get grumpy - especially when someone isn't doing as she's asked.
9. Make and freeze kumara mash for Will.
10. 20,000 steps a day (this does seem like adding something - but I'm really enjoying this, so why not?!) 


Smashed this list, which showed me a couple of things.

I need to make sure I make space for things in my list that are about family and just me, as well as the 'getting things done' goals. A couple of these a week are sufficient, especially considering I'm someone who liked to keep a tidy house, have at least 3 'new recipe' dinners a week, and has a full time job and two children under 4! Lol. Time to be more kind to myself with my lists. Hell, I could even include some work things in there, as I need to be doing them.

And so! Weekly 10 will now have some headings: Productivity, for the family, just for me, and work. No set rules on how many of each, I just want to make sure I'm balancing my life a little better, and can be happy that I've completed a list - cuz I do get a wee bit down when I don't.

New Week's List:

Productivity:
1. Water blast the fence around the washing line.
2.  Plan the 'gourmet meal' meals for the 30 before 30.
3. Print out Willow and Leah's birth announcements to frame.

For the family:
4. Take the girls for a walk at Awhitu with Rachael & Maddie.
5. Take photos of the girls - Willow with her last punk baby bib on for instagram.

Just for me:
6. Read!
7. 20,000 steps each day
8. Have a night off - BSB concert!!!

Work:
9. Put CV stuff onto appraisal website. 
10. Mark writing samples. 
 

No comments: