Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Friendship Bracelets

This challenge, along with #88 make a paper fortune teller were things from my childhood that I could just never do. But, unlike the paper fortune teller, friendship bracelets were still very, very difficult for me to master.

A kit came through a specials book box we have at work for $20. I thought the thread in the pack alone was worth that so bought it thinking that the circular doo-hickeys in it might actually help me to succeed where I've never been able to before. WRONG! The thing is very hard to understand, even my very logically minded husband couldn't get it.



First attempt at using the wheel fail.

So I have a plan! I've made two very basic bracelets to cross this off my list - the twist and the braid. Even put some fancy little beads in the braided one - I'm so talented! I'm then going to take the pack away with us up north, so on nights when cards and board games are exhausted me, my mum, my sister and my two nieces can see if our combined brain power can figure out this tricky thing. The nieces are the hat trick - these dudes will know things.. I'm sure I've seen them with elaborate friendship bracelets on. I hope, I hope, I hope! Oh well, if nothing else it will be a nice bonding experience - failing together!

No comments: