Tuesday, April 10, 2012

...Speaking of chocolate...

Today I got to do something I love to do - cross things off my 101 challenges list.  Today it was number 20. Book a table at a great restaurant, go with a friend for a desert meal and only order off the desert menu.


Now, I can't say I booked a table (although I was worried I should have just before we got there!) but I went with 3 awesome friends and I only had desert.

The place? Chocolate boutique cafe in Parnell, Auckland.  You can read about it here. What's good is that basically, the whole menu is a dessert menu. Lol. 

Yummy meals and really well priced.  The only gripe I had was that the ladies at the counter were a wee bit grumpy.  At a chocolate shop I was expecting someone ala 'Candy shop man on the original Willy Wonka', but it did not deliver in that department.  In saying that, the inside of the shop was beautiful, walls lined with lolly jars and beautiful looking chocolates (sorry no photos - grumpy lady said no).  Although I didn't indulge in any today I'm sure I will be back at some point to see what they're like (I've heard good things).  One of the flavours was 42 below feijoa vodka *squeal*!

Here are some pictures of our meals and one little piggy. <3

Chocolate Mud Cake
All gone

Chocolate Sundae

Chocolate Frappe


Berry smoothie and chocolate eruption(Is that what it was called?)
Recommend it - go and indulge :) Just don't talk to the grumpy ladies.

No comments: