Friday, August 12, 2011

Things I'm Loving

"I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something that you can be thankful for... no matter how simple it is."
 
1)  Love my friend and colleague Lynn who is an amazing photographer (but unfortunately doesn't rate herself highly enough!!) who took the following pics of me and Little Miss.  I love them SO much, a little bit more every time I look at them.

Thank you Lynn!



2)  Loving my Nana for making Kenny these super cute knitted boots.

Kenny was destroyed one morning a few months ago by a certain puppy who did not like being left to his own devices while mummy had a shower.  His leather boots were ripped to shreds and all the plastic pebbles that kept Kenny balanced were strewn across the floor.

I thought he was gone from the Southpark stuffed toy collection forever, but his new boots are great!  Doin' the trick just nicely.  Thanks Nana!

3) Still loving the iPad a little too much.  I'm an app fiend!
 My two favourites this week are battleships and sleep talker.  Sleep talker records any medium frequency sounds during the night and listening to a room full of my, Mr. Man and Jake the dog snoring is strangely entertaining.

I'm sure the novelty will wear off but for now the honeymoon lingers.

4) Loving this: http://www.behance.net/sabeenu/frame/858836 and wanting to do it myself if I had the patience.
I wonder if it will be updated with all letters of the alphabet?  Perhaps watch this space?  I can't write my name yet but here are my initials!  CUTE!

5)  At 37 weeks pregnant I'm now considered 'Full Term'! And in three weeks (hopefully less) I get to meet this little poppet.  

Things I'm not particularly loving this week;

1)  Last day of work today :(
2) The hairdresser cut my hair TOO short... bummer, but getting used to it.
3) Late pregnancy pain.


7 comments:

Ms F said...

Thanks for the shout out Kate. I hope that I can use Little Miss to continue to hone my photography skills on when she arrives!

Anonymous said...

How exciting for your baby girl who is going to arrive soon, she looks gorgeous! I love the pictures your friend took - I have never seen that creative idea before - love it! Thanks for visiting my blog Kate!

hootnz said...

Love the photos, such a lovely way to capture your growing tum.... hang on in there in your last few weeks... it will be so worth it! :)
ps: thankyou for your lovely comment

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh - 3D photos, we had those done of our wee girl also! They are pretty cool huh!

3 weeks to go - such exciting times ahead!

PaisleyJade said...

Yay for a new bubba here soon! Love the sound of the sleep talking app! If only I had an ipad... boohoo! :)

Unknown said...

I love the frame idea- super cute.

Amy said...

They are such gorgeous photos! Amy