Monday, March 9, 2015

30 before 30 progress update - Hairstyles!

Goal #9 on the 30 before 30 list is to Learn how to do new hairstyles, for me and my two girls. Although I haven't been doing so well with hairstyles for myself (I've tried a couple but find it super hard to find the time to faff around with my hair), I've been doing really well with Leah's.

I began by watching you tube tutorials (mostly 'Cute Girl's Hairstyles') and since have just been freestyling and trying to do styles that I'd seen. I have a bad habit of giving up on something I find really hard, and hairstyles is something I find really hard. So although I gave the french braid a go, I'm loathed to do it again as it didn't look perfect and I don't really want to work on it. That's the part of this goal I want to will persist with.

I also have found a favourite addition to our 'hair toolbox' - the topsy tail. It makes hairstyles look fancy when they're really not, which I really like.
Here are some of the styles I've created, either myself or through inspiration using the topsy tail.




And here are some others - mostly braid oriented that I've given a go. Most are from inspiration I've seen online...somewhere!








And then there was this fun number at Christmas time. I've seen some really cool designs recently. They're not every day styles though, more for those 'crazy hair days' at school. But don't worry, I've electronically hoarded them for a time when it's appropriate to send your child out with a unicorn hairstyle lol.

From here on in with this goal to make me feel like I have completed it, I would like to:
  • Master some other styles of braid.
  • Make a point of trying new hairstyles on me. One a weekend? And document it.
  • Do a 'french braid week' with Leah. I feel like at the moment that french bugger is my unicorn (the one that's just within my clutches but not quite) and I have a deep desire to nail it.

No comments: