Monday, June 2, 2014

Getting organised

When we moved house almost a year ago (!!!) I was excited at the prospect of having a playroom for Leah, and anyone else who might come along. As I spoke about in this post it was very easy in a bigger house to stick everything in a place and just forget about it, because the house was so much bigger than our first little home. Of course, without proper organisation, I just wasn't happy with the state of affairs around here, so have begun doing bits and pieces here and there that are making me far too happy (Read: OCD nerd).

So far I've done:
The linen closet
The ensuite walk in wardrobe
and I even beautified a set of plastic drawers.

With our impending arrival (T minus less than three months GULP!) we needed to make a space for the cot and changing table etc, and in addition to this it was high time our 'spare room' was utilised for us, rather than just waiting for a guest to come and stay (as nice as having a space for this is). I'd been pinning up a storm of ideas for play rooms for ages, and with fixing up the garage (post to come tomorrow), it was the perfect time to get some things into storage

, have a bit of a shift around, and some organisation.

I'm pretty happy with the result. Here are the before pics.

And as we were in the midst of it.



And here are the pics I took this morning with everything finished up. The only thing I'd like to add is a bit of bunting here and there.






This last photo shows an image of Leah's craft table in her room, which has now been moved into her craft nook in the play room (pics two and three). She loves it. Just looking into getting some more light in there!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good on you!
We've got a playroom and while the younger kids will still gravitate towards whichever room we're in, it does help keep the toys from migrating around the house!