Saturday, April 26, 2014

Making things pretty - 5 tier plastic drawers

I've always been a fan of making things pretty, and with the incoming new addition to the family (T minus 19 weeks) and a change of rooms/rethink of the way our study/Leah's room/spare rooms are used I'm getting a bit nutty with it.

I plan to do a lot more and I promise I will share with you all, but I wanted to show you my attempt at this little project from Simply Living that I'm sure most of you pinterest stalkers like myself have seen once or twice.

I've had the idea in the back of my mind for over a year now and in a spat of boredom this morning, it happened.

This is what my drawers looked like before. Now, I must admit that I've had a clean out of these drawers recently, so they are relatively tidy (ie: looking through the front to what was inside wasn't exactly a disgusting exercise), but even so, the goal for me wasn't to hide clutter, as the simply living blogger was trying to do. I simply wanted to make them prettier!
 I started with this selection of paper, but substituted out the peach coloured number for a darker purple one which I thought would balance the greyish tones better. Application is as easy as cut to size, modge podge and smooth. The blog link I already mentioned has more indepth instructions and I don't want to take the idea away from them so I'll let you go-a' snoopin'.

This is how my drawers ended up looking. They're a bit Monet (fine from far away but don't get up too close). They way my set of drawers is designed was difficult to get the paper in, in an easy manner, but I tried to make it work the best I could.

What do you think?

No comments: