Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Traditions

In December I wrote about our Christmas Traditions as a child (or there lack of) and the new ones that I'm starting with my own little family. It was inspired by Baker's Delights delicious goodies they provide me at Christmas.

They also provide me with delicious delights at Easter too. So, in keeping with the tradition theme. Here I am. Again, I don't recall a lot of traditions from when I was a kid. We always got an egg (or 7) and all I really recall about Easter is that I used to gobble my eggs down super quick and my brother was (is?) one of those annoying people that makes treats last forever - nibble by nibble. Which made me very jealous come Easter Sunday or Monday when my goodies were all gone.

As with the Christmas traditions, I am very conscious of making traditions for us. Easter egg hunts are our tradition. At this stage they have been different each year for Leah, but I'm sure as our family grows they will gain some substance. I had a very funny chat with Leah today about Easter and what it's all about. She seemed to think it was like Christmas, but with chocolate and a bunny instead of santa. Well, yes... I suppose in our religion free family I suppose that is what it's about (and 4 day weekends!).



The goodies we recieved from Baker's delight were gobbled up weeks ago! I'm just slack at getting my post up. Because of this, I've also missed the boat on the 'Bundraiser' day that Baker's Delight was promoting with their hot cross buns. Although, I don't see why you couldn't still have a lovely hot cross bun morning tea and raise some money for a good cause, ala' the intent.


PS: The buns are delicious. I have bought a tonne more and although they may cost a wee bit more than your supermarket made, they are very much worth it. I went to Baker's Delight today and the traditional buns were SOLD OUT! But that's OK because I prefer the chocolate... I mean, baby prefers chocolate.. yeah, the baby. <3



Have a lovely long weekend everyone.
xox

No comments: