Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 13: "Your body hears everything your mind says"


Day 13: You opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it.

I don't think I've ever been happy with my body...although, I now look back at photos of me 10 years ago and think 'man, I was beautiful'. Which leads me to wonder if I'll do the same in another 10 years time even though I hate what I look like now?



There's parts I like about how I look...but overall, I hate it. And I think that's sad. I also think that because I've that I've fostered a 'who gives' attitude towards how I look and then the cycle all starts again.


Why? I'm not sure really. I could rattle off a big list of things that I don't like, but I'm afraid I'd bore you with all the minute details that I loathe. I've always struggled with weight, and I know that's a big one....'I know I'll feel better about myself when I get down to..../will fit into....'. Never happens.

One this I do know is that I don't want to foster this same image of self in my little ones. The variations of the picture below break my heart. I tell Leah she is beautiful everyday, more than once.. hell, more than 20 times usually, and I hope that the repetition means that she'll always know and always see it.


No comments: