Friday, September 14, 2012

Paper Mario And the Thousand-Year Door

I have been working on this for a past couple of months on and off...
I love gaming and anything Nintendo I really love as I think it's unique and often branches out from what the other main gaming producers are making, for example the wii was the first on the market to have a movement controller.

It is because of this that my main two gaming loves stem from Nintendo. The 'Pikmin' series is a great little story with very unique game play. I'm very excited for the third installment's release in November!

But today I will talk about my main love - Mario. <3
The mario series of games is a well known franchise, and rightly so - it's great! Loved by children and nostalgic gamers alike, everyone knows that little plumber with the red get up.

Paper Mario is a mini series from the main Super Mario Stroyline which originally came out on the Nintendo 64 console. The sequel to this, "Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door" is the game that I chose to complete challenge #19 of my 101 challenges.

The game is CUTE which I love. It follows Mario on an adventure to rescue his beloved Princess Peach who has been kidnapped (AGAIN! When will she ever learn?) Mario travels through a variety of different worlds combining problem solving and strategy battles with enemies. The main objective of the game is to collect crystal stars and then finally beat the enemy who is holding Peach Captor.

He has many friends who help him along the way, who all have special moves and skills. Here are some of my faves.


And after what the console tells me is 40 hours of game play I have clocked it once again. Thanks for coming Mario. Always a pleasure.


No comments: