Tuesday, September 4, 2012

101 Challenge accepted!

Over the past little while I've been ticking some of the 101 challenges off in my head but not really on the list of blogging them....enter this post!


If I think about what the 101 challenge means to me and my purpose for doing it, it would be a few things - to fill in some time, to try out some new things, to actually make some of the things I pin on pinterest (LOL) and to give some more focussed direction to the year. If I was to make a judgement on that now I would say complete. And that makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

So, if it seems like some of the 'ticks' I share today are a little bit of a cop out, it's because rather than complete them exactly as they're written I may have skimmed around the edges a bit, and that's OK with me. :)

#1:






I've done a few things with collections actually.
I've started collecting things with Baboushka dolls on them. I love Baboushka dolls. It's a love fueled by a set of dolls I had as a child (which I think my mum sold in a car boot sale :(!). So now if there's a choice of getting something with or without Baboushka dolls on it, I will go doll! I have seen some other cool things that I would like to buy that fit into the category but alas I'm trying not to fill my house up anymore before we move.. so perhaps watch this space. But look at all the cool things we've acquired so far;

I also took an old collection of stamps that have been passed from my Grandfather to my dad to me to a dealer - nothing worth selling (Bummer, thought I might have a rare gem in my midst. Was mistaken) So although they are still sitting in the Continental chocolate box at the moment I'm planning to buh a nice album for them to display them and keep them in good condition.
Along those lines I've also been thinking of ways I can display or do something with an existing collection of Ology books, games and other parafernalia. No bright ideas yet. It might be something that comes into place in a new house if I manage to score myself a spare room.
Leah in her Baboushka doll hoodie - what a cool dude!


#2:
I think I've been doing this one really well. And more so than anything it's made me think before I purchase. I don't immediately go for black clothes anymore. I'll be honest. I like black clothes, but now I'll try and make sure I match it with something that isn't. I even bought purple pants this year. Success of challenge? I think so!

#3:
This was a really special exercise. Firstly whittling it down to 5 people and then writing the letters. I must say that I had a tear in my eye (or in a couple of cases tears rolling down my face) as I wrote the letters. I have sent all my letters last week, well, all the ones that could be sent. There were two people who I wrote to who have passed so I will hold on to those letters until the next time I go to visit them at the cemetery. The people I finally settled on to write to;
  • Dad - probably the most influential person in my life. When he spoke, you wanted to listen.
  • My Nana - someone I spent a lot of time with when I was little, and glad I did.
  • Damien - the one that didn't get away.
  • Mr Alderton - My Year 10 english teacher. The man who inspired me to be a teacher.
  • Lynn - A work colleague and friend whose cheery and positive disposition inspires happiness in me.


#4:
DONE! I'm yet to put magnets on the back of these but I don't think I'm going to use them as magnets, to begin with anyway. Think I will use them as just little letters for Leah to manipulate when she's a wee bit older, they're quite small.



No comments: